Friday, July 3, 2009

Chicken in Pointed Pepper Leaves (Daun Kaduk)



















I plant my own "daun kaduk" in a little vegetable patch in the backyard. Besides using them for otak-otak and soups, I was trying to think of different ways to use one of my favorite vegetable. This is one of them. Very simple dish. The filling is marinated minced chicken, assembled on to a pepper leave and folded on both ends. Or secured with a bamboo skewer on both ends if you prefer. Brush the rolls with some oil and grill moderately for 5-6 minutes or pan-fry for 2 minutes. The leaves will char slightly but nice this way, I think. You can serve this wih Thai chilli sauce or make a dipping sauce of your own. (birds eye chillies, garlic, sugar, lime juice, fish sauce and some water.

0 comments:

KITCHEN TRAILS   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP