Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Review: BAN MIAN













































































I love Ban Mian or Pan Mee and most of the time, I would have it in the wet version. But this small shop that I stumbled upon on one of my shopping trips really gave me a new outlook on Pan Mee, the dry version. The shop is situated in the Lower Ground Floor of Ikano Shopping Complex and is simply called Noodle House. I ordered the Ban Mian with Sambal Chilli Shrimps and it really blew me away. The dried chilli shrimp is cooked to perfection, really fragrant and the mian (noodles) is made so springy and nice. My son who claimed he was quite full at that time and seemed the least interested, woke up from his indifference after the first spoonful. At the end, he walloped almost half of my bowl. Comes with a nice helping of sambal belacan and a hot, piping bowl of soup with a generous serving of green vegetables. Really a must try. Considering they had a full crowd that day, waiting time was not too bad.

0 comments:

KITCHEN TRAILS   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP