Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Roti Jala



I saw a plastic roti jala sieve in the Jusco sale recently and because it was cheap, I bought it just to give roti jala a try. If it is successful, I will then get the authentic metal one. I added a touch of kunyit for color but the plastic sieve was a let down (kind of expected it). The holes were far too small and the batter wouldnt flow out. In the end, had to improvise and cut through to make the holes larger. After that the batter flowed through nicely and Fats had a great time helping to make the net-like roti jala and rolled them up. The holes ended up actually a tad too large so the batter flowed out more than I wanted them too resulting in the net being not as fine. But other than that, it tasted just right. Yay!

0 comments:

KITCHEN TRAILS   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP